Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Flavel Family History
JohnSpence-
r
Post Flavel Family History
on: September 1, 2015, 11:01

Descendants of Florence Jean (nee Walker) and Thomas George Adams might or might not realize that they are in the Flavel tree. Florence's parents were Martha Bayes (nee Parker) and John Robert Walker. Martha's mother was Jane Parker (formerly Paynter, nee Telfer) and Jane's parents were Dinah Flavel and Francis Telfer.

In 1982, the Flavel Association in Adelaide published a book on the Flavel family in Australia. It is very unfortunate that while the 6 children of Jane Telfer and Richard Paynter were in the original Flavel book, the 7 Parker children from Jane's 2nd marriage to Frederick Parker were not even mentioned.

The Flavel Association proposes to bring out a complete update of the original book later this year. The draft of the new book is almost complete and the final work of chasing up a few areas for updated information is now happening.

If any descendants of Florence and Thomas Adams would like to have their latest details in the new book could you please contact me and I will send details of what is required. The current details that we have are taken from the 2 Telfer family books that were published in the past 20 years but are now at least 10 years out of date.

My contact details are:-
John Spencer
spencejh@bigpond.net.au

admin
Administrator
Post Re: Flavel Family History
on: November 11, 2015, 04:37

Thanks John, that is very interesting. I'll pass this information around...

admin2
Administrator
Post Re: Flavel Family History
on: June 1, 2016, 02:15

This book has been published and now contains a very detailed update of the family of Florence Adams (Walker) of Mangowine. It is an excellent book of very good quality and I would recommend that any of our family buy it. Darlene de Boer (granddaughter of Tom & Florence) was instrumental in providing all of the updated information for this book and I thank her on behalf of our family for this. Ron Adams Toodyay May 2016

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.066 seconds.